The overall husbandry including feeding, cleaning, and care of small lab animals, including but not limited to mice, rats, guinea pigs, and hamsters. This person will be responsible for administering treatments as needed. Daily maintenance of the animal areas of the facility.
Position Objective: To provide proper animal husbandry and care for the small laboratory animals at Lampire with the goal of providing consistent, high quality products and services to our customers with complete, accurate documentation.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Perform manual and semi-skilled work in connection with the feeding, cleaning, and care of small laboratory animals.
- Maintain animal health and birthing records.
- Clean and maintain facilities inside and out on a daily basis.
- Clean and maintain housing units, feeders, and watering devices.
- Generally quiet office environment with minimal noise.
- May require climbing stairs in office.
Qualification based upon education, resume and/or work experience.
- 2 years minimum of relevant working experience.
- AALAS certification, and familiarity with USDA and AAALAC regulatory requirements a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills (English) are required.
- Must be a team player, like working with animals, and demonstrate a commitment to the quality care of animals.
- Must have the ability to comprehend, carry out, and relay multiple verbal and written instructions including SOP’s and study protocols.
- Must be able to maintain accurate and organized records.
- Must be able to work rotating holidays and weekends.
- Experience with cGMP quality systems and manufacturing operations
- Must be able to lift or move up to 40lbs.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for periods of time.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Lampire Biological Laboratories offers a competitive salary, medical, vision, dental, life, disability insurances, 401k with matching contribution and profit sharing.
Lampire Biological Labs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.